Class Pass Review

Happy Monday Y'all!

Today I am sharing my review on Class Pass. I heard mention of it on youtube first and decided to look it up online. I immediately loved the concept! Class Pass is a subscription service that allows you to take classes at many different gyms and studios in your city. I think it's awesome! There are a large variety of classes and studios featured on the application. From yoga to spin to cross fit to kick boxing. Of course the variety of classes featured is based your location. You can purchase a 3, 5 or 10 month class pass. Oh, and first time users get 5 classes for only $19! What a steal! Literally one class at a popular yoga studio in Charlotte that my mom goes to religiously is $15 for ONE dog on class! Smh.

Class Pass Pros




 1. The App!

I love how user friendly the app is. It's very simple and gives you just the information you need.

I organize my apps by category and I store my class pass app under my health app grouping. (disregard my cracked screen)

2. The Variety!

Like I said this is based on how saturated your city or town is with gyms and studios. In Charlotte, NC  there is gym or studio on pretty much every corner. This allows for a ton of options to choose from. As you can see, the app shows you all the gyms and studios that offer classes through class pass. It list them by day and time. You can also search for a specific studio by typing it in the search bar. Once a class is selected it also gives you the difficulty level, instructor and amenities the gym or studio offer such as mats, towels, shower and parking. Because there are so many different things offered you can really try out a lot and figure out which workouts you like or benefit from most. 
The app even shows you which location and which instructor is leading that class too!


I love how some classes have a description or brief expectation.
Class Pass Cons

1. Pass Limitations!

You can only attend 2 classes per studio or gym per cycle. This can kind be a drag if you find a studio you really like. I have already attended two classes during my current months cycle at a studio called AIR. On Dec. 21st  I went to a Floor Lab (barre) class at this studio and it really kicked my butt! I loved the energy and the work out! During this class we did a lot of inner thigh and ab work. It was so intense.  Needless to say I went back for more on Jan 4th. This time it was a AIR Core class. I was a bit intimidated because I had never done aerial fitness. My abs are pretty strong so I didn't think I would have too much trouble. Boy was I wrong! lol I struggled but it was so fun! I wish I could go more this cycle but I have reached my 2 class per studio limit. I could always ditch class pass and purchase a pass to this studio exclusively. This is probably what most studios on class pass are hoping new comers will do. Smart. 
How cute right?! Loved both classes I took here. The AIR Core instructor Chelsea wasn't the most friendly but she did come help when I started swinging from the rope lol.

2. Automatic Charges!

If you have ever purchased a subscription service you know canceling them isn't nearly as easy as purchasing them. Same applies to Class Pass. If you do not cancel or end your subscription at the end of your cycle they will automatically charge you for another 5 class cycle which is $55. Under settings on the app there is no direct option to cancel your subscription. That would be too easy right? To cancel your subscription you have to email Class Pass. 

3. Intimidation!

This con really has nothing to do with Class Pass itself. Being a new comer to a studio or gym can be very intimidating. Especially not really knowing what your walking in to. I mean, granted, you have the class description and reviews to read but still its scary. I found myself having to give myself a pep talk before walking into to a class. Other people attending that class may be members at that studio. They probably have made friends there. They have matching studio t-shirts. They may know the instructor personally. It can kind of make you feel like an outsider if you walk into a class with a weird vibe. I see this a pro and a con. 

This can also help you step out of your comfort zone! I desperately needed that. I love going to the gym alone or with my husband. I'm so bad. I go to the gym at a specific time of day because I know I'm likely to be the only one in there. If too many people start to enter I will leave! Straight up leave! It was terrible. This year I wanted to change that. Class Pass has helped!

























All in all, I think Class Pass is AWESOME! I highly recommend it! I plan to renew for another 3 class cycle as well! Try it out! I mean 5 class for $19! You can't beat that with a stick!


Love,
April.

0 comments:

Post a Comment