Free Christmas Tree Ornament DIY

 Happy Holidays!

Can you believe I was able to find a 6.5 ft Christmas Tree and decorate it for my sons room for FREE!!!! I know! I can hardly believe it myself!


So after digging through my mess of an attic. I found my old Christmas tree from over a decade ago! Hoarders this is what we live for! Immediately I knew I wanted to use it for my oldest sons room. There was no way I was going to pay $3 to $5 for the specialty ornaments at Target. So while I was digging through them attic I found the bin of stuff from his second birthday! Long story short I turned a bunch of old birthday decor, hot wheels cars and monster trucks into ornaments. It was so easy I had to share it with y'all!

Stuff You Will Need

-A theme

-First you will need these green ornament hooks. They are super cheap from Walmart, Target or Amazon. Get the large and small ones. 

-Random toys

There's really no instructions needed. I would just like to advice that this is best done when your toddler is not home. First, collect all the stuff from previous parties that go with you theme. Then sort out what you want to use as a tree skirt. I had this old tire float thing and I knew it would be perfect. 

It was hell blowing this thing up but I love how it turned out.


Then my husband and I started to assemble the ornaments. We simple either twisted the ornament around the car or monster truck wheel or though the car windows. It worked out really well. I think we ended up doing about 20 cars and 9 trucks. My son has a ton of cars and trucks so this was so clutch!

The larger ornament hooks worked best!


Next I found these cups that I never ended up using for his 2nd birthday. I took the straws out and wrapped the ornament hook around the lid, then twisted it. Boom! Another ornament for free!



I was really happy with this because they are larger and were more like statement pieces. 


Then I found this race car banner. I cut it and used it as a garland for the tree. This worked out well because it helped fill in the tree a bit. 





We decided to top the tree off with none other than Black Panther! I was debating that or a race car hat. T'challa clearly was the only acceptable option.






I love how this turned out! Even better, my son loves it! And even better than that, it was completely free! Take this as a sign to go in your attic and upcycle some old party decor into ornaments. 

With Love,

April W.

0 comments:

Post a Comment