DIY Fringe Backdrop

 Hello, hello!

I made a giant 7ft x 7ft DIY fringe backdrop for my sons 4th birthday! All by myself y'all! I kind of picked and pulled inspiration from lots of different blog post. So here is mine to add to the collection on pinterest lol. It was very easy to do but also very tedious. I work and have a 7 month old and a 4 year old, so you can only imagine the loads of down time I have. I started a week before the party and did a little bit each night. If you have older children this could be a fun project to do together. 

Supplies Needed

-poultry fencing

-plastic table cloths

-zip ties

-command strips

-gorilla glue

-scissors 

Tips Prior to Starting

Make sure you get a large flat work space for this project.  I wish I could have worked on backdrop as it hung in its display spot for the party. That would have been ideal. If you can hang this and work on it I would highly recommend that. 

Map out the size and area your backdrop will be displayed before hand. This will allow you to brainstorm so solutions and tools on how your doing to hang the backdrop.

If your backdrop is going be massive like mine, start early! Give yourself  a week or two to complete. Less stress and more fun when you start early! It also allows some room for error. 

This was the focal point for my sons party  and it was very eye catching and fun!



Steps for Assembly

1. Roll out your fencing and cut it to your desired length. I cut two long pieces of fencing then tied together with zip ties from the dollar tree. 

Careful when you purchase your fencing. It comes in a variety of sizes and colors. You could even spray paint it to match your decor if you wanted but you really cant see it. Even with the wind blowing you could barely notice the green. 


2. Cut your plastic table cloths into your desired lengths. They come folded so to speed this up I kept them partially folded, overlapped two of them and then cut them to make more strips with one cut. This allowed me to be a little more efficient. 
I purchased my plastic table cloths from dollar tree, party city and amazon. I ended up using about 4 per row. I cut each strip about 2 inches thick. I found that when I cut then smaller they would rip when I tied them to the fencing. 


3. Begin loop tying the plastic table cloth strip to the edge of the fencing. I skipped one space in between and did one knot up and one knot down. 




Here you can the up down pattern. Choosing not to skip space between strips make the back drop look full. 


4. Continue step with and pattern your table cloth strips in whatever pattern you desire.



I blended two color of teal to give it a little more dimension. Blending table cloth colors by alternating them when looping makes the color pop.


How To Hang Your Backdrop
 
- Get a step stool and some assistance. 
    I had  to recruit my husband for help. We hung this outside on the side of our brick house.
-We used  gorilla glue and clear command hooks. 
    I  was skeptical but this worked really well. Nothing fell the entire party. We just applied a good     
amount of gorilla glue to the back of the clear  hood and stuck it directly on the bricks. 

We put 4 command  hooks along the top, 1 in the middle and 2 at the bottom on each side of the backdrop. The hooks fit right into the holes of the fencing. 


The backdrop turned out amazing! Next time I make one I will play around with the pattern and colors. This is so easy and makes a huge impact on party decor!

Love,
ALW

0 comments:

Post a Comment