Tropical Protein Post-Workout Smoothie

Hey y'all!

I wanted to share a really delicious post-workout smoothie recipe that I made Sunday night. I LOVE working out! I have always been very athletic and active ever since I was a child. From dance, gymnastics, track, to competitive cheerleading in college. I still try my best work out at least 3 times a week. It is hard but when I don't I really do feel like crap. I normally go to the gym in our complex but lately I've been really liking just working out at home in our living room. I love XHIT Daily channel on youtube, the Workout 7 app and I really love P90x. Sunday night I did the Workout 7 app seqence twice and the P90x ab workout. Afterwards I made this yummy, very filling smoothie.
Here is the smoothie recipe and a few pics too!

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of organic papaya
-3/4 cup of organic frozen mango
-1/2 organic banana
-1/2 cup of strawberries
-1 cup of organic almond milk
-1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
-crushed ice
-2 tbsp of black chia seeds on top

I love papaya! It has a very mild melon taste! Sometimes a scoop out  seeds in the inside and chop up a green pear and stick it inside to make a edible fruit bowl. So good! I also find that ripe mango goes bad pretty quickly so sometimes I get these organic frozen ones which are only about $2.79 and whole foods.

I have yet to make my own almond milk but I really want to soon. 

I am absolutely OBSESSED with my Vitamix! My fiancé bought it for me for my birthday! It is ridiculously expensive but so worth it! Mine lives right on my counter top because I use it every day for ice cream, sauces or smoothies. Can't wait to make some soups with it come fall. 

Here's the finished product! Isn't she gorge! I put chia seeds on everything I can. My oatmeal, cereal and smoothies. They seriously are so good for you. Do your research! 

This recipe makes a lot of smoothie! I just drank half of this and then sealed the other half in this glass mason jar screwing the lid tight. My fiancé drank the rest the next morning after his gym session. This smoothie is very sweet. It almost taste like a milk shake! It's a real treat!
The Nutrilite protein powder is really the star of this recipe! Check out the nutritional facts compared to Herbalife protein powders!


Competitive Information
Compare NUTRILITE Whey Protein Powder with Herbalife®24 Rebuild Strength and Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro 
NUTRILITEHerbalife24Optimum Nutrition 
Serving Size 38 to 40 g 50.5 g 52 g 
Calories 150190190
Protein 25 to 26g24 g30 g
Carbs8 to 9 g18 g9 g
Sugar6 g14 g2 g
Red Orange ComplexYesNoNo
Artificial ColorsNoNoYes
Artificial Flavors NoNoYes
Artificial SweetenersNoNoNo
PreservatiesNoNoYes
Price Per Serving$2.20 to $3.38$3.70$2.37

If you would like to purchase this protein powder just check out the link below!
http://www.amway.com/Shop/Product/Product.aspx/?itemno=114026&pwsID=MauriceandApril
Happy post-workout smoothie making!
Love,
April 

0 comments:

Post a Comment