Shrimp Rice Paper Rolls & Delicious Dipping Sauce


We had our shrimp rolls in bed with some roasted asparagus. For the asparagus I just washed it, popped it in the oven for 15 minutes with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Fresh out of the oven I topped with freshly shaven parmesan cheese! Soooo yummy!

I found these at my local asian food grocery store for less than $2.00 a pack! They have tons of different types.

You can use coconut aminos or soy sauce. Soy sauce is just loaded with salt so just be mindful of that.

New recipe alert!
I wanted to share with you this delicious rice paper roll recipe I found on youtube and tweeked a bit.
It is so light and delicious. Did I mention they are really inexpensive to make! I found them at my local asian food store. The sauce really makes the recipe! I made these for my fiancé, mom and sister and they loved them! You can really stuff the rice paper rolls with anything I just choose to keep it quick and simple.

Ingredients for Shrimp Rolls
-Rice paper
-Frozen cooked shrimp
-Fresh basil
-Fresh Mint

Recipe for Shrimp Rolls
1. Unthaw frozen cooked shrimp in a bowl of warm water and remove tail.
2. Add some warm water to a separate medium bowl.
3. Take one rice paper piece and submerge in warm water for about 10 seconds until it becomes delicate and soft.
4. Clean and dry fresh mint and basil leaves
4. Construct the roll! Place delicate rice paper on a plate, take about 4 to 5 shrimp, basil leaf and mint leaf in the center of the roll.
5. Fold in sides of roll and then roll tightly.

Ingredients for Delicious Dipping Sauce
-2/3 cup of maple almond butter
-1/2 cup of coconut aminos or soy sauce
-5 tbsp of lime juice
-4 tbsp of seaseme oil
-2 tbsp of raw honey
-2 tsp of minced garlic

Whisk together ingredients and Enjoy!

Love,
April



0 comments:

Post a Comment