Potato Quiche Recipe

Hi There!

I wanted to share this delicious potato quiche recipe that I made not once but twice this week! It is seriously so good y'all! I got the inspiration for this dish from a similar appetizer my husband and I had at a restaurant we went to on date night! He took me to a spanish restaurant called Malabar here in  Charlotte! I had never heard of it but it was really really good. It's a cute little place uptown. Malabar is mainly known for their Paella, which I must say is amazing! They have tapas too. One that we tried was a potato and onion tostada kind of a thing. It was so good! When we had it I knew I could re create it into a quiche!

Quiches are so easy to make! They taste great as left overs, and it can be eaten for pretty much any meal of the day. I typically make a spinach and swiss quiche that is really good but I think this potato and onion one has it beat!

Ingredients

5 or 6 eggs
vegan pie crust
small yellow potatoes
1/2 spanish onion
1 cup of fresh spinach
3 twigs of fresh thyme
haf and half
heavy cream
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cut swiss cheese
salt
pepper
garlic powder
paprika

Instructions

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set out pie crust to unthaw then clean and cut your potatoes and bring them to a boil. 
The first go round I used a few small purple potatoes. They are so pretty. I think any potato will due if cut small.
Step 2:  While your potatoes are boiling, cut your onion and reserve in a large mixing bowl. Add in your 5 eggs and fresh spinach and whisk together. 

Step 3: Now drain and rinse your softened potatoes with cool water and add them to the bowl. Stir in potatoes gently. Season generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. 

Step 4: Add in about 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1/3 cup of half and half and your cheeses and fresh thyme. 
Don't quote me on the cream and half and half measurements. Take it slow with these. You don't want it to be too runny. I really want to find some vegan alternatives to those two ingredients I'm lactose intolerant but this dish doesn't bother me thankfully.

Step 5: Pour your filling into your pie crust and pop it into the oven for about 35 to 45 min or until the top is dark gold brown.
I found these vegan crust at publix! It is made with no butter and you would never know!

Step 6: Let your quiche cool and enjoy! It'll have your house smelling delicious!

Love, 
April. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment