7 Day Vegan Challenge: Day #1

Hi Everyone!

So here is exactly what I ate all day today in my 7 Day Vegan Challenge.

Breakfast:
I was off today after working 3 days straight through the weekend. Usually on my Mondays off I like to sleep in. This day I woke up at about 9am and had my typical breakfast which I could honestly eat every single day. Its very quick and fulfilling.

Ingredients:
-gluten free organic brown sugar oatmeal
-almond Milk
-blueberries
-1/2 Banana
-a few pecans
-a tbsp of chia seeds on top
 I also had a cup of warm lemon water with this.


Mid Morning Snack:
I went to run some errands with my mom which always ends up with us at Whole Foods (because she practically lives there.) My mom is a hard core vegan. When I told her I was doing this challenge she was super excited. It was around noon and I was filling a tad hungry so I got this small smoothie at Whole Foods.

Smoothie Ingredients:
-almond milk
-kale
-banana
-mixed berries


Lunch:
I ended up eating a rather late lunch today. I am really obsessed with "What I Ate Today" videos on youtube. Weird, I know. This lunch was inspired by a girl on youtube named TheChicNatural. She is vegan and recently posted a "What I Ate Today" video featuring this absolutely delicious sandwich. When I tell y'all this so yummy I mean it. It reminds you a tuna sandwich or a chicken salad sandwich.

Ingredients:
-chic peas
-3 tbsp of vegan mayo
-2 tbsp of lemon juice
-salt and pepper
-bread
-lettuce
-celery
-red onion

Preparation:
1. Drain chic peas
2. Place chic peas, lemon juice, vegan mayo and salt and pepper in food processor
3. Pulse a few times. (Just a few because you don't want the peas to get super mushy.)
4. Finely chop celery and red onion
5. Mix veggies with chic pea mixture
6. Build sandwich and enjoy.

Dinner:
I usually like to eat dinner around 6 or 7 pm on my days off but since I ate a late lunch I pushed dinner back to 8pm. This recipe is also from TheChicNatural youtube. It was very easy to make and super quick. The pasta I used was gluten free. I purchased it from Publix. This delicious and I also had a glass of red wine with it as well.

Ingredients:
-gluten free pasta noodles
-olive oil
-minced garlic
-all purpose flour
-almond milk
-nutritional yeast flakes
-asparagus
-cherry tomato
-lemon juice
-salt and pepper

Preparation:
1. Heat of olive oil and minced garlic until fragrant
2. Add in a bit of almond milk
(I never measure while cooking unless I am baking something so just eyeball it the best you can.)
3. Add in a bit of lemon juice
4. Add about a tbsp of flour and stir
5. Add in about a tbsp or two your nutritional yeast flakes
6. Stir this and let it simmer while you clean and chop your veggies.


7. Add the chopped veggies to the sauce you made and let it simmer for about 3 minutes
8. Pour in your cooked gluten free pasta noodles and stir until all are coated
9. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!

Right now I am having a cup of Yogi Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea. It is one of my favorite flavor by Yogi. It is already pretty sweet on its own but I always add a little bit of honey in mine.
Thats all for today!

Love,
April M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment