7 Day Vegan Challenge: Day #2

Hey y'all,

Today is day 2 of my 7 Day Vegan Challenge.

Breakfast:
This morning I met up with one of my friends for breakfast at around 9:30am. We went to this cool spot here called Zada Janes.

Honestly I was kind of bummed about doing this vegan challenge because this place is known for their biscuits, pancakes and french toast. I ended up getting a chai tea latte with soy milk and one of their vegan breakfast scrambles called The East-Western. It was a tofu scramble with peas, mushroom, onion and curry seasoning. It did not look very appetizing at all but it had great flavor and was very filling. 

Mid morning treat:

After breakfast I ran to the farmers market to get some things for dinner and made a return at ultra. After this I was kinda thirsty so I stopped at Starbucks and got a grande passion tea with regular sweeter and one pump of raspberry. I heard a beauty youtuber talking about this so I decided to try it and it was soooo good!

Lunch: 

At around 1:45pm I started getting a little hungry. Since I have the chic pea salad mixture left over from yesterday I just made me a sandwich with that. It still tasted as delicious as it did the day before and I still have some left for one more sandwich. I know some people are funny about eating leftovers but clearly I'm not. I grew up eating leftovers so its never been a big deal to me. Last night I cut up some strawberries and made some blueberry and strawberry ice cubes. I like to add these to water just to help give it a little hint of flavor. Oh, and excuse my paper plate too. Lol

Dinner: 

At 5:30 I started making dinner. My fiancé had a business meeting at 7:00pm so I knew we needed to be eating by 6:15 at the latest. For dinner I made 3 things. Roasted sweet potato, roasted asparagus and veggie rice paper rolls. I'm obsessed with roasted sweet potato. I could legit eat them every day! This is the only way I make them now.

Roasted Sweet Potato

Ingredients: 
- 2 organic sweet potato
- about 3 tbsp of liquified coconut oil
-cinnamon and brown sugar mix
-salt
-dry thyme flakes



Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Line cookie sheet tray with aluminum foil
3. Skin and cut sweet potato into thin rounds
4. Lay potato rounds flat on sheet evenly
5. Drizzle potato with coconut oil
6. Spinkle on seasonings
7. Bake for about 15 min and enjoy


Roasted Aspragus

Ingredients:
-asparagus
-olive oil
-salt
-pepper
-nutritional yeast flakes



Preparation:
1. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
2. Chop off ends of asparagus and throw them away
3. Wash asparagus well
4. Lay a thin layer on cookie sheet
5. Drizzle with olive oil
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Spinkle on nutritional yeast flakes
8. Bake for about 15 min and enjoy

Veggie Rice Paper Rolls

These veggies rolls are similar to the shrimp rice paper rolls from one of my previous post. I love these things! I basically just did the same thing but added in a bunch of veggies. I also used the same delicious dipping sauce. 

Ingredients:
-carrots
-cucumber
-lettuce
-red bell pepper
-mango
-sweet basil



Preparation:
1. Clean and cut up veggies into long strips
2. Take rice paper and dip in warm water for 30 seconds
3. Assemble rolls and enjoy!


Dinner was soooooo good y'all! My fiancé, who is not doing the 7 Day Vegan Challenge with me, even loved dinner too! The sauce for the rice paper rolls is EVERYTHING! 


Tomorrow and Thursday may be bit harder, seeing as though I will be at work all day both days. Wish me luck!

Love,
April M. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment