Custom Nutcracker Porch Decor

 Happy Holidays!

As you know, I am one of those holiday obsessed people. Not just Christmas but all holidays! I wanted to jazz up our front porch with some cute holiday decor. Months ago I was at SAMs Club and saw these really cute brown nutcrackers but the price tag was disrespectful! $300! I just could not bring myself to pay that. A few weeks later, I was in Costco and saw a different version of the brown nutcrackers. They were even pricer at $400! Again I had to pass them by. So I am scrolling Instagram one day and one of my favorite bloggers Liz Rishel posted these 75 inch nutcrackers! It was the price point for me! I could not pass them up! I purchased not one but two and gave them a face lift.



These are the paint colors I used. Each very inexpensive and both purchased at Walmart.  For the darker nutcracker I mixed both shades. For the lighter nutcracker I simply used the color nutmeg. I did have to build the nutmeg color more. I took about 4 coats to get it opaque. 



Its not perfect but I think it came out pretty decent!



Not only do they light up when they detect motion but they also play a royalty song. And the motion detection is better then our ring camera!




This battery operated garland was easy to put up. I just used two large command hooks. The giant ornaments are from Amazon. The rug is from Target but it is several years old. I love how this turned out! I know my boys wont be little for long so I cherish how magical holidays are with young children. 

With Love, 
April W. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment