Pregnancy Diary: Nursery Tour

Hello Again!

Nesting is in full affect at my crib. I've actually been feeling  a little bit overwhelmed since our baby shower. Baby stuff is all over the place! Our recycle bin is pouring over with Amazon boxes! Good problems to have though! Slowly but surely we are almost done organizing and assembling everything. I am currently 37 weeks. Only 2 weeks and 2 days to D-day! I can hardly believe it. My pregnancy flew by. 

Today I wanted to share our sons nursery! We have a two story home. Our master is down and all the other bedrooms are upstairs. Realistically speaking he won't be spending much time in here for a few months but I'm a planner and I just had to have it all set up. My father had purchased his crib for us when I was only about 20 weeks so we decided to kind design and style the entire room around the style and color of the crib. Everything was purchased over time and it all came together just perfect! I have linked as much as can in the captions below the pictures! Hopefully this post serves as inspiration to some new moms out there. For my inspiration I used pinterest and blog post from other mom bloggers. It really helps if you have inspiration pictures to help guide your nursery design. 

Enjoy!
The color scheme for our sons nursery wasn't the most creative. We stuck with the basics. Grey, navy blue, white and tan. My dad purchased our convertible crib from Baby's R Us. The light fixture I absolutely love. A light fixture can really really transform a room. They are a pain to install though. This light fixture is from ikea. The rug, laundry basket and the adorable little koala bear picture are both from home goods. 
I put lots of black baby books on my sons amazon registry! They have a really good selection and now he has a pretty good size library. The shelves I also bought from amazon. They were relatively easy to hang. I hung them all myself with my little target light weight drill. The dino mirror was purchased from hone goods. It was on clearance for only $10. What a steal! 

I was kind of obsessed with books when I was a little girl. I hope he likes them too! I think representation is important so I was intentional about only putting black baby books on his registry. If you simply type black baby books into an amazon search you find a ton. The L and M letters I purchased from Michael's. They always have coupons online so I pretty much never shop without one. 

We waited a bit to purchase his clothing chest. I am glad we waited because my coworker gave me a 30% off coupon which I was able to use towards its purchase! The chest matches the crib and is also from Baby's R Us. Just a heads up. None of the furniture came together. Assembly is not included. My husband put both together with ease. He just worked on it every day over time which worked out well. 

We had to add some additional lighting. This lamp was perfect and very inexpensive form Home Goods. With a powerful bulb it really adds the prefect amount of light. Both frames were gifts from his aunt and uncle! As well as the cute the whale "piggy" bank was a baby shower gift too.  I purchased the globe form Home Goods and his dad bought him the Black Panther action figure of course. 

I love this poem! And the rustic navy blue frame! I swear my friends are the best gift givers!

The focal point of his room is the brick wall his crib is on. I purchased the adhesive brick wall paper from amazon. My sister and I used about 3 1/2 rolls. It took us a total of about 6 hours over two days to do. It wasn't hard but it definitely takes two. It really brought the room to life! I love it! I wanted a chair but I wasn't willing to spend over $100 for one. That was damn near impossible. I got lucky and found this small grey rocker on overstock.com. It was the perfect size. It looks like a child's chair but it is for an adult and it rocks too!

These giant letter blocks are decor pieces from our baby shower. I found this DIY idea on Pinterest and asked my baby shower planners if they could incorporate it and they did! At first I wanted to just throw them out but my girlfriends convinced me to keep them and they look perfect in this corner of his room. On top are where his baby monitor camera and white noise machine live. 

I decided to use this wall as his toy/play wall. I purchased these bins from target. Most of the books and toys in them are gifts form his aunt (my little sister) and his baby shower. As he gets older I'm sure the bins will get bigger and toys will evolve too. The bible scripture wall decor is from, you guested it, Home Goods lol.

I really hope this post 
I really hope this post was helpful! Blog post have really really been a great source of information throughout this pregnancy. I have done so much research and learned a ton from some boss ass moms out there that don't mind sharing what they know. We are so blessed and I am filled with so much joy.

Love, 
April M. 
My

0 comments:

Post a Comment