Vegan Challenge Fail

Hello Everyone!

I am sure you may have already guessed it but the 7 Day Vegan Challenge did not go over so well. Day 5 is were it all fell apart. I think it went left mostly due to lack of planning on my part.

So Day 5 started out pretty good. I had my typical oatmeal in morning. Apple sauce for a snack and then ate a late lunch around 3pm of vegetable lo mien from a local Chinese restaurant by my house. Day 5 was Friday. This also happened to be one of my friends birthday as well. I promised her I would go out to celebrate that night with her and her friends and family. The plan was go to to this cute bar/restaurant/lounge here in Charlotte around 9pm.

The lo mien from earlier had me pretty full. I started to get a little hungry around 6:30pm so made a smoothie and started to get ready for the birthday festivities.

Of course we get to the lounge and the reservation was not ready so we walk over to a bar across the street and have a drink while we wait. About a hour later we finally go back to the lounge. By this time it was around 10pm. I was so hungry y'all. The lounge had absolutely no vegan options. So I broke down and got a margherita pizza. I posted a pic on my snapchat but forgot to save it. I'm not sure if was really delicious or if I was just so tipsy an hungry I couldn't tell.

What I learned most from this failed challenge is that preparation is everything. Eating a vegan diet was challenging for me. Vegetarian I can totally do because I was vegetarian for about a year in college. So removing meat from my diet doesn't scare me at all. It is the cheese and butter that seem to be the most difficult to cut out.

 It made me more aware of what I put into my body which was pretty eye opening.

That is all I have for now. I have a few healthy snacks that I will post this week.

Love,
April M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment